About Me

My photo
Twenty something trying to figure it all out, knowing all along I never will.—Well, used to be a 20 something, and smart enough then to know now, that I will never figure it out.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Head First and Blind

Better news, better news. Today is not the day to be cynical. It's Sunday for crying out loud! By law I'm suppose to rest and be positive! Well it's not actually Sunday anymore, I've just left this screen open on my desk top for 3 days now...

Seems to me that I'm jumping head first and hoping the net appears, or at least a substantial body of water, or trampoline, so that it won't hurt too bad when I hit the bottom upon landing. Since I've turned down the job offer from Nordstrom, I've found inspiration holding hands with my potential while driving down highway 101.

Because, Dun dun nuh nuhhhhh...I'm starting my own business! WHAT! I know I know! Loud, little, halfrican girls are suppose to sit around trying to figure out how to tame their hair with man made products, not start a business while living at home with mom and dad. But I dare to break the mold =)

I finally decided that my multi thousand dollar Fashion Design BS Degree will go to waste no longer. And all of those future dollars I will use to pay off my loan debt, (that I accrued to get that degree,) will be earned by what I learned in the process of spending all that money! Fashion Design! Well not completely fashion, but at least the tote bag part of fashion...

I am going to make bags!

Imagine the "joy" on my parents faces when I told them that's why I respectfully declined my job offer...

HAHAHA! Sorry mom and dad, sometimes I think my purpose on earth is to make you nervous.

Well I am really excited about it, and I've got my over achieving sister on board with me to help me with the business end of things (when there is a business end to things) and my dreamy boyfriend is almost convinced that he wants to build me a website.

My mama even offered to help me sew, but when I told her she'd have to sew in straight lines, because people will have to trade their money for these bags, she looked at me helplessly, then said excitedly "Not being good at things makes life really easy!" In other words, she's glad that she can't sew a straight line because now she doesn't have to help me. Yay for her! (There really needs to be a sarcasm font.)

Anyway, I'm setting out to be the most successful company making handmade, one of a kind, tote bags for all of the world...With God (& the internet) this has got to be possible!

2 comments:

  1. I like this blog. I'm glad I found it :]

    And that business sounds great! Can't wait to check it out once you get it started. I love love love bags- especially totes. You can hold your whole world in those things. So good luck! (though I do not believe in luck whatsoever).

    Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you I'm a bag lover too! I have the pictures of the bags posted on my other websites but I may as well post them here too huh!

    Thanks for the kind words.

    ps I'm not a believer in luck either =)

    ReplyDelete