About Me

My photo
Twenty something trying to figure it all out, knowing all along I never will.—Well, used to be a 20 something, and smart enough then to know now, that I will never figure it out.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Re-Uniting with my Potential

I don't have the lack of talent problem. I'm one of the lucky ones who's been blessed with the ability to do and love doing many many things. That's one of the perks of living in my world. There isn't much that intimidates me and there isn't much that I am unable to do.

That is my problem.

I've spent 26 years now as the girl with so much POTENTIAL! I've heard from numerous people throughout my life tell me "Punky, I can't wait to see where you end up." or "You're the person who I'd really like to catch up with in 10 years to see what you are doing and where you are." Because they all saw this showstopper waiting to burst onto the scene once the real world became my play ground.

Ironically I was waiting to burst onto the scene too. Except I had the "one day" syndrome. You know the one. Like: One day I am going to have an AMAZING job. One day I am going to be a singer. One day I am going to have a job where I have to wear heels. One day I will win a Grammy and cry during my acceptance speech, while I thank God and my good friends and inspiration Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey...One day. That'll be a great day!

It never occured to me that to get to that day I had to actually DO something to get there! I just figured my potential would hop on a plane and catch up to me and Poof I'd be set. My potential must've tried to find me at one point, but got frusterated along the way when I kept moving around from job to job! Probably between 2005-2008. It was a busy time =)

So now I'm at the point where I need to sit down with my Po* and have a conversation about traveling together in the future. I think we'd be a good team and could "potentially" make a positive footprint on this side of eternity.

But considering the neglect I've shown her the past few years it will take some coaxing to get Po back on my team. Who knew Po had feelings? Or a busy schedule for that matter!

So that's my quest for the week. But I believe me and Po will reunite in the end and create something this world has never imagined, because I have God and the Internet on my side! And with those ALL things are possible!



*I got tired of writing "Potential" so I gave her a new name. I hope that didn't confuse you!

1 comment:

  1. Yea, I'm commenting on all of them, so what lol. This is funny. This is almost every creative person's problem. So full of potential. I was told that & I have so much "promise" I am too smart, too talented to fail. But it hit me time & time again. the difference, I got up & actually did pursue that promise. But all it did was dig me a financial hold & build up a lot of resentment to all those that made it. But all i can say is, figure out what you really wanna do, focus on that 1 thing, then go from there. I am interested in so many things, but it took me 15 years to realize that doing them all at once, is damn near impossible.

    ReplyDelete